Monday, March 26, 2007

The Power of Story


The conclusion of our series in Colossians centers around Paul's admonition that we are to "live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation (manner of life) be gracious and attractive so you will have the right response for everyone." Colossians 4:5-6 The old time-tested approach to sharing our faith is still the most effective: sharing our personal stories of faith. Do you have a faith story to tell? Have you ever taken the time to write out that faith story? How about sharing your faith story with others via the blog? Just click on the respond button and share your faith story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'll go first and hopefully others will follow!
My faith story, the story of how I became a Christian, is not unique. I was raised in a Christian family and have never known anything else.
But all stories have a twist, and mine came went I went to college. Like many, I stopped going to church and started questioning, but began to pray that God would put influential people in my life that would help me in my faith. And through what seemed like random coincidences, I met three of the most faithful Christian friends I have ever known, and to this day, we hold one another accountable and build one another in faith.
Whenever my faith is failing, I remember how God worked in my life when I needed Him most and He didn't give up on me. That's my faith story. I would love to read others!