Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Our True Center


Webster describes center in its verb form as: "to position something in the middle or to cause something to have its focus be concentrated in a particular place or on a particular thing." The Apostle Paul, writing to the church at Colosse in the first century, argues that Christ ought to be the center of our existence. Another way of thinking about center may be to consider in our lives who or what takes priority. What does it mean to you to have Christ at the center of your life? Where is He in the priorities of your life? What other things battle for the preeminent place in your life?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When placing God at the center of my life, everything seems to flow and be insync. My struggle is keeping God as my focus or center as well as for my family. I carry reminders of my faith (pocket cross, bible, etc). During the day, these items bring my focus back to God (if it has strayed). "Clutter" which Satan "throws" at us takes our focus away from God. My solution is taking moments throughout the day for pray & to connect with others.